Monday, September 5, 2011

Paper Letter (August 22)

August 22, 2011
Dear Family,
    I did not have enough time to write the email and I sent it with 1 minute on the clock feeling completely unsatisfied so I am writing again. Sister Lor and I are writing at the temple and although I think the Provo temple looks like a birthday cake for a one year old, it's still really nice to be at the temple.

I'm leaving on September 6th, but I don't have any travel info other then that. I got letters from Dad and Liz which I loved! My PO Box # is 101. I felt sort of bad because they pass letters out at lunch and dinner and I am the only one that got letters from family this week. So Kudos Allred family! I also feel bad because when I opened my inbox I had tons of email but sister Lor didn't have any. Her parents didn't email and she didn't tell her sisters her address so there is that reason, but again Kudos Allred family!


There are tons of things through out the day I and to call home and talk about, but we can only write home on p-day. I'm just writing it down in my journal. Also, I saw Mathew Millar, Chris Krewson (he is a teacher) and a ton of people from BYU-Idaho. I haven't seen the Hawks, but I don't really see the couple missionaries.

I do feel like I am living in the land of aftershave and testosterone (Liz's words), but I think it is a tender mercy that I don't mind so much. I see enough sisters around which helps. The elders in my district are definitely 19. I think this is the first time most of then have been asked to sit in a room and study and I think it's hard for them. Elder Smith that we met at noodles and company is in my district and there are two Elders (Elder Bush and Elder Mallon) are from Northern Virginia. I think Springfield. One of the blessings from the Lord was that the other day I was getting frustrated by their lack of focus I realized they are worthy priesthood holders and the Lord has great plans for them. That helped a lot.

I do feel like the stick in the mud but I think another blessing is that I really don't care. I'm here for a purpose. I am going to work my tail off for that purpose, and I really don't have to worry about what others think about me. That has been a nice thought for me.

This Week we are teaching everyday except for today, and honestly we have so much free time today that sister Lor and I don't know what to do with ourselves. It's only 9:30 and we are pretty much at a loss. 

Let the McKay's know that I was so grateful for their letter. I'll try to write back.... Yeah, I think I'll have the time today.

I love you all! Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Love, 
Tressa
      Oops! Sister Allred

No comments: