Monday, September 5, 2011

Paper Letter (August 30)

August 30, 2011
Dear Family,
  I needed to send a quick letter to everyone to let you know how much I love you. Today sister Walker found out her Dad died suddenly. 

   She is a convert to the church and her father was not a member and did not understand why she was on a mission. At home she was the one who took care of him, and that is the hardest part.

   It has cast a pall over our district. Our hearts are breaking for Sister Walker. We know how much she loves the gospel. She thought her dad would be converted while on her mission, but I doubt she pictured it like this.

   Everyone in the district is also thinking of our own families. I want you to know how much I love you. You are such a strength in my life. I'm not expecting anyone to die while I'm gone, but please remember that the Lord has blessed protection on you. That is something I need to remember also.

   I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I don't know how to help Sister Walker, but I know that the Savior can comfort her and embrace her in his arms.

   The plan of salvation has so much significance in our lives. It is essential to our eternal happiness. I feel so privileged to be chosen to spread this word. I know it has made a difference in my life. It has made a difference in Sister Walker's like and it will be an eternal impact to those we teach.

   I love this church. I love the Lord, and I love my family.

Love,
     Sister Allred

No comments: