Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One more week, Many more adventures

***A Note from the Editor: I am sorry I am such a slacker and haven't posted for a week. Here are is Tressa's email from Last week. Her written letter will come shortly.***
 
 
Dear family,
 
I can't tell you how excited that it's Tuesday.  I do really good up until Sunday and then all I want to do is check my  mail and tell you what has been going on lately.  I got the letter that Liz sent me and that was great! 
 
This has been a crazy week.  I think we have more of a handle on our area now and we have met A LOT of members.  We even have a girl that could become a progressing investigator.  You can totally see how the Lord has prepared her to hear the missionaries.  She was actually a referral and she actually flagged down the missionaries, asking for a Book of Mormon.  That's pretty cool.
 
We had 2 meetings this week and they took up the whole day so it was a bit of a weird week.  The first meeting was fun and I learned a lot, the second meeting was for the new missionaries and their trainers.  I was actually pretty excited to see my MTC elders.  It was almost like I was seeing long time friends or something.  Sister Bean and I worked on how sometimes I'm a little stiff around people and so during that meeting I tried really hard to just be myself and relax.  I honestly think the Elders did not know how to handle me.  They were totally thrown off, which made it great, but on the other hand I thought was I really so stuck up in the MTC? 
 
I was caught off guard during the training because President Cook had us go around and describe the companionship study that we had for the morning before.  I couldn't exactly remember what we did so I just started describing one study that we had earlier that week.  Sister Bean had me work on the first vision.  She made me memorize it and then we worked on delivery.  She told me not to go onto the next word until prompted to by the Holy Ghost.  It was pretty awesome in our practice.  But then President Cook asks me to give him the first vision.
 
I honestly did not expect it at all, and I started in the middle on the vision.  I stopped myself and President Cook told me to tell him what I would say to work into it. So there I was giving the restoration to my mission President in front of a whole bunch of people! I did not expect it and I did not like it one bit. No not at all.  But I did make him cry.
 
We got the new relief society book on Sunday and I  love it.  I've already read 2 ensigns our search for happiness and our heritage, and so to have new reading material is great.  Although now that Sister Bean and I are getting closer and closer I usually spend my lunch hour talking instead of reading.  Oh! another thing I ate.  I am eating a ton of mushrooms.  I do think the Lord took pity on me when he sent we to California.   The fish was okay and I probably would say that I maybe possibly over react at home to the thought of eating fish.  But I still don't like it.
 
One of the ward missionaries made this introductory flier of sister Bean and I and we both put that we like potatoes and pasta.  We have had potatoes or pasta and every dinner appointment since, except for the time that they took us to a Mexican restaurant.  We've had some really awesome experiences with the members here.  They are super excited to have sisters and I really think that there are families we can help members and nonmembers.  Its been great. 
 
I love all of you so much and miss you a bunch.  I have been learning a lot about the spirit and relying on it to prompt me when to talk.  It was so goo to hear from everyone and I'll write everyone today. 
 
Enjoying the Journey,
 
Sister Allred

No comments: