Monday, September 5, 2011

Paper Letter (August 29) **this one has pictures!**

August 29, 2011
Dear Mom and Dad,

     Writting emails at the MTC is hard! They have this timer and I don't think it does anything if you go over but I still don't want to risk it.

    We've had some triumphs this week. Brother Hale is our investigator dave, and dave is hard but I feel like I'm investing in him the most. I worry that I am going to get heartbroken if I meet a Dave investigator in th field and they don't get baptized. My whole district wants to drop Dave but I think dave is the one investigator that really needs us to guide him to Christ. All the other investigators were able to find their way much closer to Christ and we just need to complete the puzzel. Does that make sense?

    The Elders in my district hate role playing but I love it! I pray for Dave and Marla all the time. Oh well, that was a tangent.

    This week we had a really good lesson with Dave. I've been struggling with inspired questions, but during this lesson they were just coming out and I feel like we made progress. Brother Hale said later, "Those questions you asked were inspired and a half!" I was thrilled until I remembered those questions were all Brother Prewitt's idea when we asked him for advice about Dave. At least we know Brother Prewitt was inspired.

     We taught Marla her 3rd lesson. As we came out of our 2nd lesson we were kicking ourselves because we knew if we extended a baptismal invitation she would have said yes. On the 3rd lesson that was our only goal but we only had 10 minutes. I think Sister Latu was ready for us to get the corage because Marla practically forced us to ask her to be baptized. Anyway I think we learned a lot from that. 

    Later that day Sister Lor went to the TRC (Teaching Resource Center) to be a Hmong investigator. I went along and was a "friend" of an english investigator. I took my tag off and used my first name and everything. But the sisters who came to teach the lesson recognized me from an hour before in the bookstore. I felt really bad for them because the were really confused and I think it threw them off their game for a little bit. Oh well.

   Yesterday I got called to act as the coordinating sister fro my branch, which ust means I need to take care of the girls and make sure they are following the rules. The sisters in the other district we don't have anymore and we don't have more coming into the MTC, so it is just going to be my district. Yesterday I into an orientation meeting. I had to get two Elders to drop me off and two Elders to pick me up. We got out of the meeting early and I felt like a little kid at day care wondering if her parents forgot to pick her up. I really missed sister Lor.

    I also got called to be the travel leader. We are leaving September 6th in the morning. 3 Spanish speaking elders are coming with the 6 of us. I'm the only sister and I get to choose which companionship to join. Oh Joy. Which pair of Elders should I have stand outside of the ladies room for me while we travel?

    I'm really sorry to hear about Uncle Danny. I hope he is alright and I'll be praying for him. 

    I think that is creepy you got an earthquake and a hurricane all in one week. I sort of wished I was there. I'm also really proud that you took care of those 3 boys, but really I knew you could do it. 

    I really miss home but like I said before, I try not to let myself think about that. People here are not as funny as everyone at home. And people don't think I am as funny either! One day I was talking to Elder Van Orden about Being the travel leader. I said in a really dry tone, "Yes, I am so excited. I get to choose the companions. I'm all powerful. The power is going to my head." With each sentance I looked for any sort of reaction. But he just looked at me as if I was explaining a gospel principle. He just kept nodding his head. finally I told him that was all supposed to be funny. Sure, maybe not my best, but a little chuckle would have been nice. he looked shocked and asked "was I supposed to react?" What's wrong with these people?!

   I love you all! Dear Elder is probably best while in the MTC. I know the gospel is true and I really feel God's love in my life. 

Love,
     Sister Allred

The California Carlsbad Mission

The California, Carlsbad missionaries
Elder Gardner, Elder Smith, Sister Allred, Elder Hemelgarn, Elder Mallon, Elder Bush

Tressa's District
Back Row: Elder Terry, Elder Van Orden, Elder Hemelgarn, Elder Smith, Elder Worley, Elder Bush, Elder Mallon, Elder Gardner
Front Row: Sister Allred, Sister Lor, Sister Walker, Sister Havili


The sisters in my district: Tressa, Sister Havili, Sister Lor, Sister Walker

Sister Havili, Sister Walker, Sister Allred, Sister Lor

Sisters in my zone: Sister Eckells, Sister Tulliloa, Sister Allred, Sister Lor, Sister Thomas, Sister Webb

They Have missionary tags!!!

Tressa and her companion Sister Lor

No comments: