Monday, September 5, 2011

My Last Week in the MTC

Dear Family,

This is my last email from the MTC.  The temple is closed today so I probably will have time to write real letters today.  We woke up early to do laundry, so now the only thing left to do today is to pack everything.  I think it's going to be a pretty calm day.

This has been a really crazy week, and emotions have been running high in the entire district.  Tuesday was a rough day.  I think we were all really rattled by Sister Walker's  news and so we were all on edge.**Tressa wrote an actual letter last week and told us Sister Walker's Father had suddenly Pasted away**  I think because everyone stayed together to rally around each other we got on each others nerves quite a bit.  We also got to hear Elder Holland talk at devotional on Tuesday.  It was amazing.  First he told us how much he loved us and then he strongly rebuked us, but we were still wanting more.  Sister Walker loves Elder Holland and so I really think that he came on Tuesday for a reason.  Later that night as we were doing personal study, I almost yelled at Elder Mallon because he was being super inappropriate.  Elder Terry told me to stop and that helped me pull myself back.  But then when Elder Mallon kept going, his companion started to go at him.  It was a very tense night, and luckily Sister Walker was with the Branch President for all of it.  There have been a lot of issues with the elders.  Apparently one elder brought a cell phone and now he isn't talking to his companion because his companion turned him in.  Elder Gardner and elder Mallon haven't really been talking.

I was feeling really frustrated, because I wasn't feeling as good or as tolerant as I normally feel and didn't know what to think about it.  I was praying about it on Tuesday and Wednesday and I got the really strong impression that I needed to repent and more specifically apologize to Elder Mallon.  When I thought that I knew it was right but I continued in my Prayer, "Seriously heavenly Father?  Seriously?...Whyyyyyyy!"  I think I need to work on being more accepting of the Lords council.

Anyway, on Wednesday during zone teaching (I had plenty of opportunity to apologize before then but I couldn't get myself to) Elder Mallon was getting in my conversation and saying things that really bugged me.  I help like the holy ghost said, "Tressa.  Do it now."  So I got sister Lor and I quietly asked Elder Mallon to come outside with me.  I was hoping people wouldn't notice, but everyone watched us go out,  Elder mallon is a big guy and I knew he thought he was going into a fight.  He kind of tried making himself puffed up and I thought, that looked a little stupid, but then I had to repent of that thought as well.  As soon as I started to apologize he deflated and I think even though he has 4 sisters he was very uncomfortable with the sudden display of emotion.  He started to back up immediately, but I kept trying to help him understand why I was sorry (because at that point I really was)  and why I had a hard time sometimes.

When we went back into the classroom the entire zone was silent waiting for us.   Later Elder Van Order told me he thought one of us was going to come back with a broken arm.  The whole apology thing really threw them.  I still get afraid that Elder Mallon is going to become the zone leader or AP and I'm going to have to deal with him in the feild, but for right now I'm feeling really good.

Sister walker went home to Canada this week.  She is going to be back here tonight in time for her to leave for Jamaica at 2:30 am.  I'm leaving at 4:30, and I think I should be through security around 9am your time.  I'll get to make a quick call home.  President Gubler said to get off the phone before I get home sick, so it probably won't be a long call, but I'm excited.  I can't believe this is my last day that the MTC.  It seems like it has been FOREVER!  At the same time I'm pretty scared and excited to go into the field.  This is going to be an adventure.

I love you all.

Sister Allred

Also can I have daniel's address so I can return some of his emails?

No comments: