Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference = Christmas

Dear Family,

I can't believe it is already a P-day.  SO Weird!  This week has gone by so fast and I can't believe I'm starting my 5th week in the Field and I'm almost done with my first transfer.  Sister Bean records her mission by what planner she is on.  She pulled out her bag of planners and said it was the first time she realized she was on the downward slide to the end of her mission.  It doesn't seem like I'll ever have 13 planners, and I am kind of scared that it's going to happen in a flash.

Conference was in a word, AWESOME!  We had to go to the stake center and on Saturday we woke up and we were just so excited.  We got up and tried to figure out what we should do for the rest of the morning until we had to leave, when we got a call from the district leader asking us where we were because conference was starting in 2 minutes.  We freaked out and rushed into the car.  My bad.  When we were trying to figure out when conference was I added an hour instead of subtracted so we were planning on being at the Stake center at 11am instead of 9.  Not my finest moment,  but the stake center was really close so we were only a little late.  During the sessions our zone leaders wanted us to do a tracting blitz on some apartments near the stake center.  Sister Bean and I were a little nervous about it and that was when we realized Sister Bean forgot her name tag, we both forgot our lunch and we had a unconfirmed appointment back in La Costa.  The sisters of La Costa we not on the ball at all, but we absolutely loved conference.

I can't really say which talk was the best because they were al so good and I got a ton of promptings from them, but looking back at my notes I realized that those promptings really didn't have to much to do with the subjects of the talk.  They we're still really personal and awesome.  I got thoughts on how to be a better teacher, a better mom, and a better missionary.  I think I learned a little bit more about why the Lord called me to be a missionary which was something I have been wondering.  I knew I was called for a purpose but now I feel like I know a little bit more of what that purpose is and I am so grateful to be out here.

I did have to laugh during conference because is was basically only the missionaries who came to the stake center.  Through out the week we notice people trying to avoid us, and then as we sat in a big group of elders I noticed there was a huge circle of space around sister Bean and I.  I started to wonder if I smelled or something but Sister Bean just told me it was the sister missionary cooties. Who knew?

I love you and miss you,

Sister Allred

I got my camera charger and a ton of letters this which which really makes the week amazing so thanks!

No comments: