Thursday, October 27, 2011

Another Great Week

Dear Family,

I LOVED all of your emails this week.  Love love love them.  It has been a pretty interesting week.  A lot of our appointments fell threw and sister Bean was super sick, so it was really different, but it was still an awesome week.  My favorite part by far was getting my package from Eve and the boys. 

We had transfers on Tuesday and all of the companionships in our district had to go except for us.  We knew that I would be staying with Sister Bean because the new training program is a 12 week program.  It is almost guaranteed that next transfer one of us will get transferred. I choose not to think about that.  Anyway, Tuesday night we called out district leader to see who was in our new district, which was awesome because Sister bean knew a couple of the Elders and that was really fun.  True I didn't know them myself, but that didn't really matter.  It was still super cool.  Okay back on topic, Elder Haderly our district leader told us we both had mail and I had a package.  I basically could think of nothing else for the the rest of the night, because I had to wait until the next morning's district meeting to get it.  I was so excited to get a package from Eve, and all of the letters.  It was so much fun.  Honestly it just made my day. 

It was also super cool because a couple weeks before I had requested a copy of my patriarchal blessing. I haven't been able to find it for a couple months now and the thought kept coming back to me to get it.  Then during conference I just kept thinking about my blessing.  So I finally asked President how to get it and requested a copy.  I was so amazed at how much it talked about missionary work and I had never even noticed it.  It talked about how I would bring the saving ordinances to many and through my example many would accept the gospel of Christ and others would be strengthened.  I felt a little silly reading it and wondering how in the world I ever thought I wasn't supposed to go on a mission. 

Today has already been a really fun day.  Last night we got a call from the assistance and they told us we were invited to come to a zone leader council, (usually sisters don't go to those, you know, cause we are not zone leaders) we are kind of excited about it.  Today we had to go to Target for our shopping needs and we just thought, "Well why not look at the clothes."  There were rows and rows of 75% off clearance items and it was a lot of fun looking at the clothes.  I got a sweater and a $5 shirt which was awesome.  It makes me laugh because, it was just something different which is fun every now and then. 

It's been a good week and  we are excited for the next week.  I love hearing from everyone and I'll talk to you later. 

Sister Allred

Ps I've attached some pictures.  There is my first district and the zone leaders in front, then the journal Liz made me and then all of the cool stuff in the package eve sent me

**Note from Deborah: For some reason Tressa put the pictures in a word document and I am still trying to figure out how to get them formated to beable to post on the blog. They are coming!

No comments: