Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This was a Great Week

Dear Family,
 
I had a really good week, but once again I'm not exactly sure how it got to be Tuesday again. I'm also really excited about this week because we already have a ton of set appointments that we have been trying to set up for a while!
 
So some of the highlights--  I got a letter from Nicole (Aidan's new nanny) this week which was so exciting!   She said everything was going well and gave me some exciting news about the family.  It was great and absolutely a highlight but it did make me really miss home this week.  It was really interesting because even though I really miss Aidan, i felt comfortable in thinking "I'm not his nanny anymore.  He is going to be fine."
 
I had a Vegan meal this week, which was actually pretty great.  It wasn't until after the meal that I started to wonder about what exactly I had eaten, because we had a stir fry and I know there was no meat, but now I'm wondering what were those chunks of food that I had just assumed were meat when I was eating it.  It was questionable but it was really good.
 
We stopped by a family in our ward to get a referral the mom had mentioned and we were invited to join their family Home Evening.  For our activity we played don't eat the prophet.  The most exciting part was when the 5 year old took his turn and ate so many chocolate chips he started drooling chocolate.  Then he couldn't chew and then he threw up.  It was kind of gross, but absolutely one of the most eventful FHE activities I've gone to in a long time. 
 
We made a meal for the mission president and his wife for interviews and they sent us a thank you card.  It was addressed to Sister Frijoles (sister bean) and sister Todorojo (Me).  We saw President Cook again on Sunday and he commented on our names.  I'm not sure if he made it up, but we could just tell he thought it was the funniest thing in the world!.  I think I have a new nickname.
 
And that takes me to the most exciting thing about this week.  On Saturday we got a call from the YSA bishop who was working with a family that we were infrequently teaching.  He called and said the Dad had watched a video of Thomas S Monson and knew without a doubt he was a prophet.  We went over on Saturday evening and the husband told his wife "When you watch this video, if you don't feel anything I'll get you a psychologist because something is wrong with you!"  Anyway om Sunday there was a YSA event specifically for bringing non members.  Sister Bean and I were really worried because we were really only expecting this family, and they were really late!  We stood outside the building doing what Sister bean calls the missionary wait, and were pretty bummed out because we thought if anyone comes it is only going to be the dad.  Then all of a sudden the entire family family drove up!  At the end of the event we were able to set up 4 baptismal dates!  HOLY COW!  I am super excited.  I know there is still a ton of work left to do to help get the family ready but I'm really excited about this. 
 
I loved hearing from everyone.  I love you,
 
Sister Allred

No comments: