Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's been a crazy week

Dear Family,
 
It has been an awesome week!  We have continued to work and I'm seeing a lot of progress happening in out area.  We have been getting a couple of referrals from members which is exciting and we also had a woman come up to us on Sunday and say that she wanted to get baptized, Her mom is already a member and both want us to start teaching their family.  She has some mental handicaps and so we need to talk to the bishop to proceed further but it is really exciting and shocking. 
 
We have also been working hard with the less actives and a lot express tons of desire to come back to church and start making changes in their life.  Sunday we had a less active walk into the church building, just because she wanted to come and pray.  No one had seen her for a couple years and she was so friendly.  It was a good day on Sunday. 
 
Saturday we went over to the Peck family.  They are getting sealed tomorrow and we just wanted to check up on them. Another interesting thing I learned about in this ward is we have a real author.  Rachel you should check out "Paranormalcy"  by kiersten White.  She was out of town yesterday because she was in Denver doing a book signing. 
 
We also had some specific council from the president this week which was awesome.  We have a less active who wants to come back but has studied the word of wisdom and doesn't think green tea is bad.  She said it was confirmed by her bishop and so we were a little confused.  We sent a text message explaining the situation to president cook and then went to our dinner appointment.  When we got out we had a reply text that said, "The bishop is wrong!"  and then a voicemail saying we have official statements explaining that hot drinks means tea and coffee.  Green tea comes from a tea plant.  It says on the package.  "Sure there may be good things about it but there are bad things about it to!  What is bad about green tea?  Well, the Lord says don't drink it.  so it just comes down to whether or not you sustain the living prophet today!"  We could hear on the message that president cook was laughing and himself and we were laughing to because we just thought, "really?  that is what we are supposed to tell our less active who is planning on going to japan to study the tea ceremony!"  Oh missionary work is awesome.  But really that is what it comes down to .  We may not have a good reason for why we do things but it all come down to faith, and putting our trust in the Lord. 
 
That is really all I can think about this week.  I live you all and am glad to hear you are doing good.  I'll send you another letter today.
 
Love Sister Allred

1 comment:

Deborah said...

BAHAHAHAH! This morning as I was getting ready to write on my own blog I was scrolling through my blog roll to see if there were any new posts since I last checked. I saw Planet Tressa had a new post and I thougt, "Tressa? I am so excited she posted on her blog!" Then I realized it was her letter that -I- posted last night! Oh boy. Maybe I need more sleep. Maybe I just miss Tressa!