Monday, August 29, 2011

Things I don't like about the MTC! (This is supposed to be funny)

Holy cow I hate this timer thing!  I only have 15 minutes to write this
letter so you probably will be getting one in the mail later this week.

This has really been a high high and a low low week for me.  I am still so
happy to be here but oy!

I don't like not being able to learn about earthquakes and apparently
hurricanes.  Tuesday Sister Lor and I had a TCR lesson with a less active.
We spent all morning preparing and I felt good about the lesson even though
we had literally 0 information about her.  We were teaching about families
and sharing info about our own family, when I said I was from Md.  She asked
how my family was doing after the earthquake.  Needless to say I stared at
her blankly until it registered, and then I said, "What earth quake!"  I
think I could have reacted better.  but it was fine.  Anyway, at that moment
I really thought it was a silly idea for us to not watch the evening news.
So did the investigator.

I am not a fan of being wrong.  Last week I had been dragging sister Lor to
the 6 am exercise class and working hard.  I thought I would hate it but it
is actually really fun!  I feel good after the class.  Well except for the
Tuesday where sister Lor and I couldn't climb the stairs.  But prayer works.  I
prayed that night that I wouldn't be sore and in the morning I wasn't.
Sister Lor was still sore, but that was because I forgot to include her in
my prayer.  Oops.  Anyway, I'm not a fan of this new development because now
when I think of all the times I said exercise is actually bad for the body
just makes me seem...wrong.  Not a fan.

I am not a fan of letters.  (To be clear this is really a joke.  I love
letters)  I'm not a fan because I get them at lunch and dinner (kudos on
sending me a ton of letters by the way.  really excellent job!)  but I'm not
allowed to open them until right before I go to bed.  So then I think, well
should I write in my journal and record these events for my children or
should I read my letter?  My poor children loose out every time.

I am not a fan of the Lord making me grow and stuff.  One of my big concerns
was that I wouldn't get along with the people around me.  I love sister Lor
who is going to Minneapolis not Milwaukee, but some of the elders would drive
me crazy ordinarily.  I can really see how the Lord is blessing me with
increased charity, because I'm not really that bothered by them.  Hey
heavenly Father sometimes I just want to be mad at people.

I love you all and love hearing from you.  I'll write a letter later today.
Oh I forgot to cancel netflix.  Can someone do that?

Love Sister Allred

No comments: