Saturday, August 6, 2011

So When Is This Wisdom Supposed to Kick In?

Yesterday Dad walked into my room, took a look at my swollen cheeks and asked, "Tressa, are these people your going to baptize worth this pain?" He was joking of course, and I automatically said, "No question, Dad. No question." But now, after watching my family bond together over delicious pizza, as I moodily scrapped the last of my jello cup, there is a questions. There is a big question.

Yes that's right, on Thursday I got my wisdom teeth taken out. For a while I just assumed that I would go on my mission with them in, and just brush extra hard back there, but then with in a blink of an eye I was waking up with a needle in my wrist and stitches in my gums.

Over all I would say it was really an easy surgery. People have told me horror stories of being totally out of commission after getting their teeth out. I slept with frozen vegetables on my cheeks for must of Thursday, and by Friday morning I was feeling great. I might have overdone it a little because Friday night my cheeks swelled up again. In words of consolation Deborah just told me, "Well at least you will know what you'll look like when you get fat." Thanks Deborah.

I don't hurt that much but I miss chewing. I really miss chewing. I have been seriously craving nuts, and chips, and really anything that requires me to move my jaw. The blender has become my new friend but really I just want to chew something.

Oh well. At least it's not as bad as Eldon. Eldon got his wisdom teeth out the day before his birthday. Hey guys, did you know Eldon got his wisdom teeth out the day before his birthday? Yep, at least I didn't get my teeth taken out right before my birthday, you know, like Eldon did. (He doesn't read my blog, but if he did he would think that was funny.)


Right before getting my teeth out.


Me and the responsible adult waiting to take me home. We were showing the camera our wisdom teeth.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

In the words of the receptionist..."That's who's taking you home? How old IS she?" Tess I love you and am very proud of how well you got through the surgery. (no matter how pudgy your cheeks get)