Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home



In the words of Fanny Brice from the movie Funny Girl, "Oh what a day I had today." It has been a very long two days. I am not about to review every detail, just the highlights.

Deborah, Sarah, Lix and I decided to leave for Rexburg at 6am, but that was quickly changed to 7am. Deborah's alarm went off Friday morning and we had to say the least, a hard time getting up. Well when I came back from the bathroom, Deborah told me that both she and Liz agreed, we shouldn't leave untill 8:30am. She showed me the text mesages to prove it.
After breakfast, waiting, packing, a movie and more waiting, we finaly left grandpa's house at 10am. How does that happen? I guess when you combine Mormon Standard Time with Female Allred time, 6am translates into 10am. Thats not to bad right?

The drive up was uneventful, and we drove straight to my dorms. Deborah was taking picture like crazy, which I'm sure you can find more of on her blog. It was, however a little anti-climatic. We trooped up to the Perkins Hall Gate, and "hmm, it's not upen yet." I guess I got the day wrong, so we trooped back to the cars and went to Deborah's apartment. Once again, we were missing a manager. Fortunatley the door was unlocked. So we let ourselved in, it was cold outside.

THe next couple of hours we shopped and rearranged furniture. I have two very crafty sisters.

It the morning I finally got checked in and it was all very exciting to open my door for the first time. We had to do a trial run for the pictures before we could actully go inside. I felt bad when I woke up my brand new roomate. That was a start of a beatiful new relationship. Her name is Tamara and she seems really nice. Not bothered at all that I woke her up at 8am on a Saturday.

Once again the next couple of hours was spent unpacking and shopping. Liz gave me a lot of really great tips on how to eat healthy and cheap. Thanks Liz. Then it was time for Liz to go say goodbye and go back home.
Deborah and I went back to her apartment and tackled her room a little bit more. I would just like to take a few minutes and marvel at Deborah's stuff. She has really great stuff, and a lot of it. I mean a lot of stuff. It is absurd how much she has been able to fit into a little room she is sharing with her best friend. Having said that, I would like to say I love her very much and would love to borrow any of that stuff, at anytime.

When I finally got home it was late and all I wanted to do was go to sleep, but I was invited to watch a movie with my roommates. I agreed. Its all in the name of bonding, right? Well, I don't really know how much bonding took place. I fell asleep, and when I woke up I had drool all over my face, but not to worry, it was dark. I don't think they saw.

Here's hoping.
These pictures are for mom. This is my dorm.




The bad thing about being the new girl in the dorm, is that you get the cupboard that is so high, you can't even see what's in it. I'm not complaning. It's exciting to see what you can actually pull out.

Wow, look at that clean desk. To bad it didn't even last three hours.

2 comments:

ESN said...

We had to laugh hard about the time thing. Whoa, pink bathroom! Thanks for sharing the pics. Update us whenever you can. We love reading about what is happening with you!

EDETR's Dad said...

Looks like a great place for your first semester at college.

Have you seen Cynthia yet?