Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Brother!

Today is Eldon's 22th birthday. Wow, Eldon your getting up there in life. I don't I've spent a birthday with him for about three years now. So instead of throwing him an awesome surprise party, I thought I'd blog about him.

I love my big brother. He is the best brother I could have asked for. I remember one time when I was ten, I decided to brush my hair with a round brush. I loved the little flip that would happen, so I kept swirling my hair in the brush... I soon realized that my hair was more of a rat's nest then when I started and the brush was stuck. I mean nothing short of a weed whacker would get it out.
I was freaking out, and went to my family for help. After they all finished laughing at me, Eldon sat down and started pulling my hair out of the brush, strand by strand. I think when sat there for at least half an hour, maybe more.
I think some of my favorite memories were when we would drive around in the car together. We would usually be going to mutual or to the library, but the drives were so fun. I remember fighting with him. our discussions got pretty heated, and it didn't matter what it was about. We would each stand at opposite ends of an issue and fight.

I don't think anyone else really understood that we were having so much fun. It was kind of like playing together. I miss those drives. Even the one where Eldon made me read a quantum physics book to him. All I remember, was a lot of weird symbols and something about heat.
We'll Deborah and I decided to through him a little birthday party, in Idaho. I talked to him on Sunday he said all we should do is stick a candle in a Twinkie and blow it out. So we did.

I know you won't get this Eldon, but we were having major Gilmore Girls flashbacks.

I thought the Twinkie cake looked pretty good.

If you want to see the footage of us lighting the cake, go to Deborah's blog. Whenever she gets around to it.

We were both ready to dig in. Then we realized Twinkies are disgusting.

Really very gross.

Well no matter the cake, We love you Eldon, and wish you a happy birthday.

Love, Tressa and Deborah.

2 comments:

EDETR's Dad said...

Tressa, you are so wonderful to put up a Happy Birthday entry on your blog. What good memories.

e2thenegpii said...

Best sister ever!!!