Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day is Coming!!!

Dear Family,
 
So this week has just been an adventure- like always.  I'm still feeling very split, Like I'm not really giving either wards enough attention but its not as bad as it was last week.  I feel like things have calmed down a bunch and we're getting into the grove of things.  I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us hard core and I am so grateful for that.  So I'm not sure if you could tell from my last email but I was a little bit stressed out last week.  I was pretty exhausted mentally.  Long story short- P-day was not as rejuvenating as I usually need it to be and I was nervous about the rest of the week. 
 
Well Wednesday morning and we were driving up to La Costa our car started acting really weird and making noises that it should not be making.   We started to get really worried because its a mission car and we don't want to ruin it.  The mission office told us to take it the the car dealership to get it looked at.  We spent all day at probably the nicest car dealerships I have ever been to.  At first both sister Heath and I were really stressed because our car was broken and we were spending a whole day out of both of our areas!  But about 3 hours into it rigth around the time the nice old man came and gave us warm chocolate chip cookies I had the thought that the Lord knew how stressed out we were and how were were trying, and he was giving us some time to relax.  I was so grateful.  I had to hold onto that thought however when the guys came back and told us that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the car and we couldn't hear the noise anymore.  We were not making the noise up!  I swear!  Sure I felt a little stupid- so we decided not to tell anyone.  I feel like it was a good solution.  Then that day we went on exchanges.  I went to Carlsbad and really enjoyed my time there.  We meant with some old less active ladies and I just loved them. 
 
We had dinner on Sunday with the Alikahni family.  I'm not sure if you remember them (or if I'm spelling there name right)  but they were the first people that I ever set a baptismal date with, and then we like never met with them again.  Well the La Costa missionaries are still working with them and we got to have dinner with them and some members on Sunday.  It was really interesting seeing the difference in them.  They have not been actively taught for a while, but the husband who has been trying a little harder seems lighter and happier.  The wife who was never really interested seems exactly the same.  I really enjoyed my time with them and if everything goes well we will start teaching them on a regular basis again.  Of course I have no idea what is going to be happening at transfers next week.  We have been talking a little bit to president and the more we talk the more we have absolutely no idea what is going to be happening.  I don't even think he is going to end up happening. 
 
We haven't been teaching a ton which is not all that great but we have been trying. We have been working hard at finding and I think things are going to pick up.  I we have a bunch of potentials that we have been working on we are going to start teaching soon.  I really do believe that missionaries are meant to teach.  We get to have the spirit with us all the time but I can notice a difference when I spend a whole day teaching as opposed to a whole day going and checking on people but not really getting anywhere.  It just feels so much better. 
 
We got to go the temple today and that was amazing!  It was probably one of my favorite times being at the temple ever. I went to the temple with a purpose this time.  I had somethings that I wanted to learn and I didn't find all of my answers but I found what I needed.  I am so grateful to be able to go and learn and feel the spirit so strongly. 
 
Well I love you!  I'm so excited to talk to everyone on Sunday!  Yeah!
 
Love Sister Allred







No comments: