Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Meetings and the Spirit

Dear Family,
 
Okay!  I have been having such a head ache with these computers!  I do not like them one bit!  And the elder next to me wont stop talking to me!  Anyway, It was great to hear from everyone.  I wish that I could have been there at the wedding and now that Liz and mark are home.  The pictures were beautiful. 
 
It has been a really different missionary week.  Wednesday and Thursday we went to an all day leadership training.  Only about half the sisters got to go to the training.  Lesson learned- squeaky wheel gets the oil because both sister Heath and I got to go.  It was great because I got to see both Sister Christensen and sister Gittins.  It was so much fun and exhausting!  I learned so many cool things.  I love president Cook and its just amazing to sit and listen to him talk.  The practices were amazing.  We focused in asking inspired questions and really using the scriptures.  I am realizing that all to often I just read a scripture at the people I'm teaching and then I go on with my preaching.  I'm focusing on actually helping the people I teach have a spiritual experience and teach themselves through the questions that I ask. 
 
Thursday, President lead a discussion on how we can help improve sister exchanges. It was really really tense, because I realized that everyone is having a problem with sister exchanges.  As soon as the sisters were able to voice their opinions we voiced them, loudly.  It was nice to know that I was not the only one having problems and that President actually wanted to fix the process.  Again, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  Only in the mission president expects those squeaky wheels to then go out and help the other wheels that maybe are not as squeaky.  We are going on exchanges tomorrow and another one next week.  We have to go out and teach how an exchange is supposed to go.  Pray for me. 
 
Then on Saturday we got another amazing experience! Elder Nelson came to our mission and all of the missionaries got to shake his hand (They are very soft hands) and then listen to him speak to us.  It was amazing.  I felt like I heard a lot of really good things.  Things to help me personally and as a missionary.  The best thing was the feeling in the meeting.  I just felt peaceful.  I felt so good and I know that I was experiencing the peace that I promise people so often that they can have.  It was amazing.  Especially when he blessed us, with health and with wisdom.  He also blessed our families and I know that so many missionaries needed to hear that. 
 
Besides the meeting we have been having a crazy week.  We are trying to find people to teach and the people that we did have weren't even meeting with us and so we dropped them.  It seems  a little like 2 steps back but I still think it was the right thing to do.  We have had a lot of really MEAN contacts.  Many Russian people have said rude things and one started yelling in sister heath face that he does not speak English.  I think if that happens again she might start yelling back.  Along with the really mean contacts we have had some really great conversations.  We have been able to testify of Jesus Christ and that always feels good.  We have been able to offer words of comfort and that has been what has kept us going. 
 
Okay I'm running out of time.  I hate these computers!  I love you so much.  I can't wait to hear from you next week.
 
Sister allred





Transfers can be sad days!



No comments: