Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hello Del Mar. I'm Back!

Dear Family,
Well apparently you already know where I am now.  I was a little surprised but honestly I should have known better to think that you would sit quietly waiting for me to tell you where I was.  Silly me.

Well I'm in the Del Mar B ward in the Del Mar zone.  I served in Del Mar before when I was in La Costa.  It is actually great to be back.  I love it. We are a lot closer to the ocean which is pretty cool.  We share the ward with the zone leaders and they have the actual ocean side but we get to go there when we visit some of the single sisters in the ward.  We have Rancho Santa Fe in our part.  Rancho Santa Fe is fancy.  Super super fancy.  Its a pretty affluent area with a lot of interesting people in our ward.  We have ex vogue model, many millionaires and Millionaires who write books about being millionaires.  The lady who drove us home from transfer meeting was a back up singer for gladice knight and dated elder bednar when she was in high school.  You know- the norm.  (Actually this lady has a single son in Baltimore and Deborah- I think you two should meet.  Just sayin') 

We live with members.  They are wonderful.  They have two cats that Sister Heath hates but I love.  They love me two, but I think its getting a little ridiculous.  I was going to the bathroom this morning and one of the cats opened the bathroom door and started begging for some attention.  Is it too much to ask for a little privacy? 

I think I'm going to really like it here.  I know that I was pretty upset about being transferred but once the transfer actually happened it was kind of like- well of course I'm supposed to be in Del Mar.  Where else would I be?  Del Mar is different from the humble Vista.  Member work is key.  Sister Heath and I have been doing a lot of contacting and I am remembering that people can actually be pretty rude!  I think I have pulled out some of my best contacting skills and its been rough.  but  on the other had there are some really great people to.  We knocked on the  wrong door at 8:30 last night and this guy answered.  He is Agnostic and was not interested, but after talking to him for a while he told us to hold on for a sec and he went to go see if he had any brownies for us.  They weren't out of the oven yet, but it was definitely the thought that counts. 

We do have a few investigators, but they are always so busy.  I think that is one of the devils biggest snares for people in Del Mar- they are really good people, they are just so busy.  We also picked up two new investigators this week.  They are really sweet.  Lucy and Garro- I'm just a little nervous that Garro is never going to stop talking long enough for us to teach him the gospel.  Our first lesson we tried to leave and I ask if we could say a pray- Garro started talking about I don't know what and 10 minutes later his wife finally had to interrupt him and say, "I think she wanted to pray!"  It was pretty funny.  I'm excited to be here in Del Mar.  Sister Heath and I have already had some crazy experiences.  We had a 25 minutes long conversation with a man who only spoke Russian. Each time we tried to say goodbye he kept talking and I think trying to read Sister Heaths palm.  Not sure- He spoke Russian.  Also when we tried to get this guy we found on the street to come with us so he could translate.  When we were trying to set up a time he asked sister heath out instead.  It was a little awkward and I think we lost our translator.  That's what happens when you  have a beautiful companion. 

It's been a crazy week.  I'll write you a letter.  I love you!
Sister Allred

No comments: