Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Miss Mannors would not approve

Dear Family,
It was good to hear from you.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon.  I will definitely be praying for you health.  This week has been absolutely insane, and crazy but so much fun.  Okay, so I would defiantly recommend being a missionary for Valentine's day.  It was such a stress free day.  I don't think I have ever really cared about whether ot not I've had a boyfriend on Valentines day but Last Tuesday was just awesome.  We had a district activity which was so much fun-  I really like the Elders in my district. and then Sister Christensen and the Spanish sisters and took our last hour of Pday and went to Las Paposas.  SO GOOD!  We really enjoyed being together on Valentines day and just having fun.  Then we had a lesson with the husband of our investigator.  He is a member and she was out of town so we still went over and taught him.  It was great to hear of his testimony and to learn about why he believes in the gospel.  Also we got to learn some cool things about our investigator too, (like her thinking about baptism!"
Wednesday was great!  We picked up a new investigator.  It was a street contact that we didn't think would go anywhere, her name in Angelina,  We knew that she didn't live in our fam area and so we tried to give the referral to the elders.  I'm holding fast that we honestly did try.  Anyway because we have given them some pretty wimpy ones in the past they scoffed just a little at this referral so I decided to call Angelina and just see if she was interested before I really passed her off.  When I finally talked to her I thought, "Well I guess I can just schedule an appointment.  She probably wont show up."  So we scheduled it and I couldn't remember exactly what she looked like so she could have been YSA.  No she is married with a 5 year old son.  Anyway we went and had a really great lesson.  She in interested in learning more and we want to teach her.  When we were scheduling a return appt we told her that we would need to pass her off and she said "If you aren't the ones who come back then I won't sign up for another appointment."  Without any hesitation we told her we would come back.  And that is how we became investigator stealers.  We called president and for the time being we can teach her but in a few lessons we will have to pass her off.
Thursday was another good day and we had great lessons.  We taught some less actives in the YSA ward that I feel like are really making some progress it is so exciting to see that growing process in their lives. 
Friday was another great day.  We had an appointment with a woman that we could not remember for the life of us.  Okay a little back story.  Sunday I was going through my planner and found a name, Chan, and a phone number.  I hadn't written anything else about this person and neither I nor Sister Christensen could remember who this person was.  I was worried and bugged and just could not remember.  That's not like me.  When someone gives me their information I remember them!  Anyway All week is was just bugging me.  So on Wednesday I decided to call the number, what's the worst that can happen- I have had plenty of awkward phone calls before.  And honestly I thought if its like half the people who give us their information then they wont answer or they won't be interested. 
I called chan and before I was even done introducing myself She was saying "Oh Hi!  I'm off on Friday so you could come over then..."  So I scheduled an appoitnemnt got her address and hung up still having absolutely no idea who she was.  Sister Christensen was to say the least a little worried.  Then on Friday we went to the appt she had already made me promised that if I recognized chan then I subtly let her know.  We figured it was a YSA because it was out of our family area and I was in the YSA ward on Sunday and Sister Chistensen was in the family ward.  When the door opened It was a 50 something year old Samoan woman  and I could not remember her for the life of me, but she remembered us.  Sister Christensen and I sat down terrified- not knowing at all what to say.  I started to ask some simple probing questions like "Tell me about yourself," and sister Chirstensen in panic excused herself to the bathroom.  Thanks- Sister Christensen way to back me up. 
Anyway in a flash and an answer to a prayer I remembered exactly who she was.  She was a woman we contacted while filling up at the gas station.  we normally never contact at the gas station.  Sister Chirstensen is never the biggest fan of contacting but every now and then she gets a strong prompting to contact a specific person.  They always agree to a return appointment.  She had a prompting to talk to Chan only was to scared and made me do it.  I still don't know whey we both completely forgot about it.  Suddenly the stress came washing off.  I whispered Gas station the Sister Chirstensen and we had a really good lesson after that.  Well she is family ward and she is not in our area.  We tried really hard to explain that we had to pass her off but she just didn't get it.  We finally out of exhaustion agreed to meeting in the park in our area.  She is moving in a month anyway.  Well there is no doubt about it- I am an investigator stealer.  I am so rude.  We have plans to pass both of them off but I'll be honest a small part of me does not want to.  Don't worry I will.  Oh and here's the kicker.  The Spanish sisters tracked into an English  family that wanted to learn more but when we called them they told us they didn't want us they wanted to the Spanish sisters. I just wish the people who wanted us to teach then would be in our area, and the ones who don't wouldn't.  Is that to much to ask?
Saturday was pretty cool too.  we went to a quail farm and saw all the cute little quail babies.  It was so precious.  It was also pretty exciting because this was a less active couple in the family ward and they never let anyone in.  Yeah!  We didn't get to teach a lesson but there was progress!  Hopefully we can get them to feed us next.  Okay I've got to go.  I love yo uall so much.  I'm getting my hair cut today. I still have no idea what I'm going to do.  Yeah! 
I love you
Sister Allred
P.s.  Dad I gave Elder spendlove my genealogy.  He will let me know.

No comments: