Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Transfer Week

So today is transfer day.  It has been an absolute crazy transfer.  This week especially was crazy but awesome.  Sister Gittins is getting transferred.  We won't know where she will be going until the transfer meeting this afternoon.  We are both really nervous.  Sister Gittins is nervous because she doesn't know where she is going and in just a couple hours she will be surrounded by people that she does not know- but such is the life of a missionary.  I'm nervous because in just a few hours I will have a new companion that I really don't know, (I've narrowed it down to about 2 or 3 possibilities but still i don't  really know them) and for some reason President thinks it's a good idea to have me be the companion with the most knowledge of the area.  I don't think it's a good idea- but such is the life of a missionary.  Oh gosh, I'm just nervous.  
 
This week has been great.  We had our blitz and it was amazing.  We had 85 contacts in one day which for us would actually be a really good number for the entire week.  I was with Sister Savalina and it was so much fun.  She is one of the most experienced sisters in the mission and it shows.  I hope that one day I will be as cool as sister Savalina.  We also picked up a new investigator for the YSA ward and for the family ward.  I'm really excited to start teaching these two.  I just know that the gospel could help them in their lives.  Of course the gospel can help everybody, but that's not the point. 
 
I have to tell you about one crazy day that I had.  I contacted one man that was really nice, but as we were talking he looked at my shoes, (I was wearing the dansko maryjane shoes) And then he said, "You must be from Utah."  I told him I wasn't but I knew they were not the most attractive shoes, Then he told me, "No but I guess they are comfortable."  Then for the rest of the contact he kept staring at my shoes.  That made me feel good.  Then later in the afternoon I contacted a man who told me I was the Devil trying to get into his head.  That was sweet of him.  But he did make it clear that Sister Gittins was not the devil.  Poor sister Gittins working with the devil for the passed 6 weeks. 
 
I've had other really cool experiences this week, where I feel like I am getting prompting from the holy ghost.  One morning I was reading in Jacob and I read a verse that I just could not figure out what it meant.  I was looking up foot notes and references and I just got nothing.  Then we went to a recent converts and were reading where she was in the book of mormon it was the same chapter I had been reading in.  As we read that chapter we reached that verse and all of a sudden it was like my eyes were opened and I felt like i understood the verse (I wish I could remember it off the top of my head)  any way I just got so excited I started talking about it and asking Sam questions about it.  I felt really bad because I thought I was int erupting the flow of the lesson and I was just rambling but then we were done talking about it, Sam said that it was exactly what she needed to hear because she had been praying to Heavenly Father about a problem in her life.  It was really cool because I felt like Heavenly Father really was using me to answer her prayers.  That is a really humbling experience.  Anyway- just little things like that have been happening all week and I'm so grateful.  I know that this church is true and my greatest desire is to be an instrument in the Lords hands to help others. 
 
Anyway I've got to go.  I love you!
 
Sister Allred

No comments: