Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Seven Quirks

I have many more quirks than just seven, but lets just start here.

1. I am afraid to go to the bank. I don't know why I'm afraid to go, but the thought of walking into that building gives me a knot in my stomach. I've kept checks for several months, because I don't want to go to the bank. The funny thing is, when I was eight I wanted to be a bank teller. Then when I was around ten, I realized I was terrified of banks.

2. I love to save money. This might stem from the whole bank thing, but I love to have wads of money. If I were an old lady I would be the one with her life savings under her mattress. it makes me happy to have money, and when I buy things I always have a bit of a battle in my mind. I have to ask myself if its worth breaking a twenty. Most of the time, it isn't.

3. My brother can tickle me from across the room. I am very very ticklish, and I grew up having to deal with countless tickling torture sessions. As a result when Eldon, or any of my older siblings wiggle their fingers at me I shriek and run from the room. If they come up and actually tickle me I scream, fall to the floor r and curl up in the fetal position. I feel bad when a friend touched my stomach, and I shriek. Just know, It is not your fault.

4. I'm afraid to go up the stairs in the dark. I can go up when its light, and I can go down the stairs in the dark. It's just down the stairs in the dark. When I get about half way up I think someone is coming after me. Then I run up the stairs and rush into a bright area.

5. I am a very picky eater. Since I was very little I have been very picky. I go through phases where something is just detestable. I only recently started liking cheese again. I have two foods that that I just hate. Eggs and Lasagna. Gross. Gross. Uck! Only I cant really say why I don't like eggs or lasagna. I don't like them. Please don't offer me them. I will say it isn't easy being a member and hating lasagna. I only eat bread at church dinners.

6. I like to sleep with my door open. I actually like to keep my door open all the time. When my door is closed I feel like I'm in a box. I like things open.

7. I lie to have different and fun birthday candles. I like candles that are more than just regular multicolored candles. For my sixteenth birthday my candles were roses. I had a beautiful bouquet of roses on my cake. For my eighteenth birthday I had butterflies on my candles. It was a fairy garden cake. Its just something I've always done, and always loved.

2 comments:

ESN said...

I didn't know about the lazagna thing....have I served you lazagna? I appologise if I have, you just have to tell me these things. I TOTALLY agree with you on the door thing. Just wait till you marry a closed door person. We drive each other crazy. Most of the time I get up in the night and open it though (sorry honey). You and your money. That's something I must just say is just funny, one day you'll be rich because of it though. (I say it's funny, but I am envious of it too.) Loved your seven quirks!

EDETR's Dad said...

Perhaps the opened/closed door thing should be something you ask future suitors. I think guys generally like to have the door closed and girls like the door open. Your mother first told me the door had to be open so she could hear the kids and then it was so she could hear what was going on in the house.

I on the other hand like the privacy and that it keeps the number of visitors that pop into bed in the morning.