Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Big Surprise

Dear Family,
 
This has been an EVENTFUL week.  It has been full of EMOTIONAL lessons and SHOCKING surprises. WILD and FASCINATING turn or events.  (Was that good mom? I want you to know that in my lessons I have a much wider variety of words.  Just not in my letters!  Oh and happy Birthday! )
 
Okay so the big news first.  Today is transfer day and I'm a lot less stressed today then I expected to be,  We got pretty much everything done except my laundry.  We are going to be leaving in about an hour for transfer meeting.  Both Sister Heath and I are training.  I know!  That is the surprise for the week. I am going to be training.  I know that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor because all through out my mission I secretly looked forward to the day that I would train.  Then in the last two transfers I have been pretty set that I do not want to train.  I think because I was back in my greenie stake thinking a lot about when I was trained.  I just didn't want to do it.  Then what do you know- the phone is ringing and it's president cook.  Sure I'll train.  No problem....  That was pretty funny Heavenly Father.  Pretty Funny. 
 
I'm actually really glad that sister Heath was called to train to, because she has been able to walk me through my freak out process.  I am now at peace.  Well, I'll probably be at peace until right before transfer meeting.  Sister Heath and I have been taking turns freaking out since we found out on Wednesday night.  Either she will be sad that she is leaving del mar and whitewash training, or I will be questioning the spiritual enlightenment of our mission president.  I don't know what is going to happen.  I'm sure I'm going to have a lot to say next week. 
 
This week has been a big good bye week.  Sister Heath has spent 7 1/2 months in Del Mar.  She has met and loved A LOT of people hear.  She was the first sister in Del Mar in 10 years so every one loves her to pieces.  I can't tell you how many little gifts she has gotten in the last few days.  Anyway  I feel like I have some big shoes to fill.  Last night the Lessie's threw a little good bye gathering for sister Heath.  (Brother Lessie called it a "Thank God She's Gone Party" but we know he will be sad.)  Anyway we had a few ward members, recent converts less actives, and investigators there.  It really wasn't big but sitting there looking at all of the people that we had been working with- I was absolutely amazed.  I think last night was a missionaries dream to hear all the people that we have been working sit around a fire testifying of Jesus Christ and telling how much that missionary has helped them.  It was amazing. 
 
Okay so funny story-  Sister Heath HATES animals. She doesn't see the point in them.  But we had about 20 minutes before we  had to go to the Lessies last night and I asked her what she wanted to do.  We went to go say goodbye to Rosco the Labrador dog at a members house.  She Loves this dog and yes that was the sole reason for our visit. 
 
We have had a great week this week with a bunch of lessons and feeling the spirit.  We've had a few lessons with an investigator and I think she is really starting to progress.  She is really sweet and we can feel the spirit strongly when we have lessons.  On Sunday we stopped by a members home to drop something off and she was sick so we stopped to visit for a bit.  She talked about how bad she felt that she hadn't found anyone for us to teach in her home and then she called her house guest into the room.  She said, "These girls are so sweet to give up 18 months to teach people about our church. Will you please listen to them for 10 minutes.  Just let them teach you... Okay go ahead girls."  It was the most abrupt invite to take the lessons that I have ever had. 
 
Anyway this man has had some pretty spectaculare experiences with God.  He knows his stuff and what's even more exciting is that I think he would understand the significance of priesthood authority.  Anyway we talked to about 45 minutes and gave a quick restoration lesson.  I loved it because right when I was done sharing the first vision, The most spiritual part of the lesson,  this wonderful sister loudly came into the room bringing in a plate of cookies.  She set the plate down on the table and maybe saw my face because she said, "Did I just interrupt something spiritual?"  No-  it's fine.  Anyway the cookies got them off on a 5 minute conversation about where she hides the cookies so her kids won't eat them.  Awesome... Luckily he still wants to learn more.
 
Well, I've got to go.  I love you all so much.  I am praying for everyone.  Happy Birthday mom!!!
 
Love sister Allred





 

No comments: