Thursday, November 10, 2011

This has been the longest week ever!

Dear family,
 
As you can tell from the subject this has been the longest week ever!!!  It hasn't really been a bad week but it is crazy that the temple was only a week ago. 
 
So the good news is we picked up 2 new investigators.  That is really exciting.  They are both from part member families from the ward, and one of them expressed a strong desire to get baptized but she as word of wisdom issues and then the other didn't say much but her husband pulled us aside and told us that she is going through the trial of her life right now, but if she gets through this she will get baptised.  Our one concern is that her family always hovers around her that then she just relies on them to say things.  Oh we also invited one of our investigators to get baptized and she said, "No I don't think i need to at my age."  then because she is about 90 years old she started talking about her friends memorial service.  We need to work with her some more. 
 
It's been super rainy this week and its starting to get cold; which makes morning exercise and contact walking in the evening not all that fun.  Actually I feel a bit like a wimp because it is still really good weather.  It's just cold compared to what it usually is.  Oh well.
 
Yesterday we had zone conference and I can absolutely say, I love zone conference!!  It is like the coolest thing ever.  Okay, actually I think pretty much anything with President and sister Cook is the coolest thing ever!!  they are so smart and loving it is just wonderful.  Also the training that the assistants and the zone leaders gave were really good to.  BY far my favorite part was what sister bean calls "speculation hour with President Cook"  Apparently at the beginning of each conference he gets out the scriptures and we read a chapter he wants to read and then he expounds on the doctrine that is in there.  We focused on Moses 6 this time, and all through it I felt so grateful and happy that I am a missionary.  I knew that this is gods work.  It gets to be speculation hour when president gets really into it and then starts pulling out interesting facts and tidbits which could be true, but are also just really cool. 
 
This time president started talking about what a word was in the adamic language. I started thinking, well I thought the adamic language was lost and corrupted which apparently others were to because one elder raised his hand and asked, "President how do you know this?"  President cook looked at the elder and said, 'Revelation!"  Then sister cook got up and said he reads a lot.  President cook looked at his wife and then looked around the room and said, "I didn't say it was my revelation."  I love president cook he is so much fun. 
 
I think we are going to have a really good week this week.  We have a ton of appointments set up and Sister Bean was invited to a baptism of one of her past investigators.  We are really excited about that.  We still haven't met with the family that has a bap date coming up and they have stopped returning our phone calls.  I hope that things work out and we can at least meet with them again. 
 
Anyway, I loved reading all of your emails.  I miss you so much.  I've been thinking a lot about my testimony this week and I can absolutely say that I have a testimony of the restored gospel.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he sacrificed everything so that we could have a chance to be happy.  I also know that we get that happiness through the gospel.  I'm grateful that the Lord called me to this work.  I'm grateful that He trusted me enough and is blessing me everyday.  The gospel really is home. 
 
I hope you all have a good week.  We have apartment checks and district activity so I'll try to get letters out this week, but we'll see what happens.  I love you
 
Sister Allred.

No comments: