Monday, April 12, 2010

When You're Sitting in the Middle of Your Last Final and Find Yourself Daydreaming About Butterflies...You Know You Need A Vacation.

Last Thursday I found myself sitting in the testing center taking my last finale of the semester. I had already studied two hours, worked on my last piece of homework and taken another final, and it was only 10:30. In the middle of a long division problem I found myself thinking about a butterfly. It was Purple.

Then I saw a testing proctor staring suspiciously at me so I hurriedly returned to my test. Now that I think of it,its not like I had the answers written on the ceiling, but all the same I knew I needed a break. My brain simply could not hold anything more. There was simply no point trying to learn anything else because I had reached a capacity. My head actually felt top heavy. Is it possible for my brain to get heavier because I learned to much?

Luckily I spent a great weekend at Liz's house, and gave my brain time to process the overload that was this semester. It was a good semester, I really liked my classes. I can now tell you how to add number from different bases, the difference between shield cinder and composite volcanoes, and what a sister chromatid is. Mmmm, actually I got that question wrong.

3 comments:

ESN said...

Congratulations! It's good to hear that this symester is done. Sorry about the overload, it is part of the college experience...or so I've heard. So now go and have some fun, until it starts all over again. Or come for a visit. My Puppy is missing you something terrible. He tells me almost daily that it's time for you to come and see him.

Rachel said...

Hey I know what a sister cromatid is to! I think...

EDETR's Dad said...

Tressa, can you hear me roll with laughter from here as I read your blog? I now know what color the butterflies are in Planet Tressa.

Have you told Eldon that you can add numbers with different bases? He will be impressed and proud of you. Just as I am proud of you.