Sunday, March 28, 2010

Breakups... I get it.

It's officially been more than a month since I broke up with Shane. Although, with everything that happened after breaking up, it seems so long ago. I have learned a lot. I've learned more about myself, what I want in a husband, and I think, how to relate to people who have gone through similar experiences. When it first happened, in my head I knew that these were probably the lessons I would learn. But I didn't expect one lessons. I now understand break up songs.

Before, I always liked them. They were fun songs, but know I understand why when we drove past one of Deborah's ex's house, we would pup in the CD, and start singing, "I HATE THAT STUPID OLD PICK-UP TRUCK, YOU NEVER LET ME DRIVE!" I thought it was funny before, so I would play along. Now I understand the truth of these songs. People actually have these sorts of emotions. It's almost a shame that Shane doesn't have a pick-up truck. I like that song.

This is the song that when I was listening to I made the realization.



I would just like to say that I don't actually pray for him to get hit by a flower pot. But sometimes, well, I can relate to this song.

4 comments:

ESN said...

Oh Tressa, Tressa...
You do realize that Shane probably reads your blog, right?
I love you girl!
(In all honesty, I totally love the song.)

Deborah said...

Let him read it.

Julie Marie Winans said...

Great way for you to get your feelings out. Tressa you are such an amazing young woman, you will go on to become a wonderful wife and mother someday to your future husband and he will love you for who you are. I miss yours and Debra's smiling faces. Hope to see you soon. I love the song especially the ending.

EDETR's Dad said...

Tressa,

I'm glad that you finally got religion. But more importantly I'm glad that you have kept your sense of humor through a very difficult experience.

Shane is a wonderful person and I wish the best for him.

For your part, I know that you will find the most wonderful person. I look forward seeing you find the joy of falling in love with the right person.

Dad