Friday, March 23, 2012

Baptisim! (March 20th)

Dear Family,
 
We have a baptism today!!  I am so excited.  I feel like I have been with Dani the entire time,  (okay- except for 2 lessons when they first started teaching her)  I am just so excited about today.  On the other hand it is kind of a bummer because after Dani's baptism we don't have anybody to teach in the family ward. 
 
This week has been a roller coaster week.  We dropped 4 of our investigators.  2 of them never really were progressing all that well, but two of them were AMAZING.  The only problem is that they have incredibly stressed busy schedules and can't ever meet.  They both have stopped returning our phone calls too.  It was absolutely heart breaking dropping one of them because I knew how much the gospel would help her in her life if she would only put the Lord first.  That isn't happening right now and we need to move on.  We dropped her in Saturday and then I cried.  Sister Christensen was super inspired and cheered me up.  Then we went to a lesson with Dani and then Sister Christensen cried.  It was a weepy day. 
 
On Wednesday we dropped the two investigators that have never really been progressing.  But it was a really cool experience. I was sad about dropping one investigator and I was so nervous about what we were going to say.  They had been having missionaries over for 2 years and had never been dropped.  They also had signed up to feed us after the lesson-  we were expecting a bit of an awkward dinner.  Anyway we had been praying a lot about what to say and right when we got in the lesson I felt a really strong impression on what we should say.  That doesn't happen to me a lot.  I really believe that the spirit guides me the most in our study and so when we teach a lesson it is already inspired- but we got that revelation through studying the scriptures in that morning.  It wasn't the cases in this lesson.  Even though we had prepared I felt like we didn't know what to say.  But as I sat down I knew what he needed to hear.  I truly felt like I was speaking as a true and authorize representative of the Lord....we still had to drop him.  But instead of being just awful we had a really great feeling in the room and good dinner afterwards.  That was really nice. 
 
We were pretty bummed though afterwards because the panic hit us that there was no one to teach anymore.  so the day kind of ended on a sour note.  That night our district leader had called us and I was telling him that we had a pretty rough day because we had dropped a good chunk of our investigators.  He mentioned that he had a good day yesterday because they had picked up some new investigators.  That's when I felt pretty foolish because I remembered that morning.  I said, "Well yeah.  I guess we picked up a new investigator this morning."  In my depressed haze I forgot about Jermey.  He is a referral that we got from the Spanish sisters.  We taught him for the first time on Wednesday and it went pretty good.  He has had a pretty rough life and the gospel would so help him in his life.  Since Wednesday we have seen him 3 other times (church, YSA FHE, and another lesson) and we are so excited about him now.  I think that he is going to do awesome.  I had the thought yesterday that the lord traded us 4 non-progressing investigators for 1 progressing.  I actually feel like that was a good trade. 
 
 Other fun things about the week-  we taught one of Sister Christensen's childhood friends.  Her name was Laura, and she came out to San Diego.  President said that because she was a nonmember we could see her.  We taught the restoration to Laura and her boyfriend.  It was a really great lesson and I really wanted to teach them again.  To bad they went back t Virginia the next day. 
 
Well I need to go.  I'm not sure if I will be able to write a letter today because of the baptism and we have clean checks tomorrow.  It is a pretty crazy day. 
 
I love you all so much.  The church is true!
 
Love Sister Allred.

No comments: