Saturday, May 16, 2009

This is Not a Normal Squirrel

Every Monday and Wednesday I always see our local squirrel. When I first started seeing squirrels in Idaho I was strangely excited. I guess it reminded me of home, even though at home I only tolerated the squirrels. I am no longer excited to see this particular squirrel. I am frightened.

This squirrel is not a normal squirrel. It is fat, and has no fear of humans. When ever I pass it, I get about a foot away from him, and then he leisurely moves around the tree. I'm sure he doesn't care if I come close to him or not. He has just decided to keep up the squirrel human pretence to keep us happy.

This squirrel is mean. He is really really mean. Once I saw a bird picking at something on the ground, and this squirrel came charging at the bird. He was ready to attack the bird for what I assume was a wrapper. After the bird flew off the squirrel started yelling at the bird. He stood on his two hind legs and screamed at the sky. I'm sure he was insulting the birds mother, and warning him never to come back to Kerr Hall again.

Ordinarily I would name an animal that is so distinct in character, but not this one. I'm afraid that if he doesn't like the name, he'll come in at night and kill me. I wouldn't put it passed him. He knows where I live.

7 comments:

e2thenegpii said...

Tressa you are so dang funney

Liz said...

Tressa. This might sound weird but I think I knew that same squirrel when I was there. He's been a bully through the years. How long do squirrels live anyway?

Deborah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA I miss you and love you. HA I just read that sentence and realized I just saw you two hours ago. AH life is good.

ESN said...

BAH HA HA HA HA! I'm sorry I have to laugh. You make me happy!

Six Boy's Dad said...

See the school stress center, and get some medication for the delusions. Good luck!

EDETR's Dad said...

At least it isn't a boy stocker.

Anonymous said...

The GODZILLA SQUIRREL!!!